Have you been hooked by the crochet braid fever? You are not the only one. There are a lot of people who would like to do it. While crochet braids became popular back in the 90’s, they have made a comeback now but they are now more natural looking. A lot of people who have crochet braids do not even look that they have it in.
While others would like to have a hairstyle that will allow them to not worry about their hair for a certain time period, usually for a month or so, there are also others who see having crochet braids as a protective layer of hair against the cold. You may also want to have crochet braids with Marley hair because you want something that will not be uncomfortable even if you have it on your hair for weeks. No matter what your reason is for wanting to have it, your main goal is to do crochet braids with Marley hair correctly.
One tip that you have to remember when you are doing crochet braids is that your braiding pattern is very important. Some people are so concerned about choosing the right hair that they forget about their braiding skills. The braiding pattern that you are going to do will determine what hairstyle you are going to have. For example, if you want to have bangs, there is a certain braiding pattern that you have to do namely the beehive.
If you are having trouble deciding what type of braiding pattern you are going to do, choose vixen braiding style. This is the most versatile braiding pattern that you can do. This means that you can do various hairstyles without your hair looking awkward in the process. If you are not skilled enough to braid your hair well, you can always go to a professional to do it for you.
Putting Crochet Braids with Marley Hair
Do you still want to do crochet braids with Marley hair on your own? Here are the steps that you have to follow:
- Make sure that you will clean and moisturize your hair first. Since you are not going to wash your hair properly for weeks, it will be a good idea to make your hair clean and moisturized. This will also increase the length of time that you are going to wear the crochet braids on your hair.
- Start applying cornrows on your hair. This is where the braiding patterns are important. You have to know ahead of time what braiding pattern you are going to do. Base it on how you usually style your hair so you will not have any issues with how you want your hair to look like. Aside from the braiding pattern, make sure that you have already chosen the right Marley hair brand and color for you.
- You need to have the crochet braid needle ready so that you can start placing the Marley hair on the cornrow.
- The Marley hair that you are going to place on your real hair would have to be knotted so that you can attach it to the cornrow. You can tighten it once you are sure that you are happy with the way that it looks.
- Just do the above mentioned steps until you have already done all parts of your head. Once you are sure that you are happy with the results, tighten all the strands that need to be fixed, comb through the hair with your fingers because you want to make sure that you will be able to keep the style of your Marley hair.
Some Items You Need
Can you imagine having Marley hair and placing your hair on cornrows without knowing exactly what are the other tools you need to make your hair look amazing? It is already expected that you need more than one crochet braid needle. What if you would break the crochet braid needle while you are using it? You need to have backup so that you can continue with what you are doing. Otherwise, you will be forced to purchase with some parts of your hair with Marley hair while the other parts still do not have any.
Other items you need are the following:
- The proper brand and type of Marley Hair – You need to choose something that looks natural and easy to use at the same time. If your hair is obviously fake, then this takes away one major reason why you have decided to do crochet braids. You may need about 2 – 3 packages of hair depending on how thick you want your hair to be.
- Hot water and Blow Dryer– You need to fixate the style of the Marley hair and you would not be able to achieve this without hot water and blow dryer.
- Leave on conditioner – Do you want to make your hair look silky and smooth? You can easily achieve this with the use of the right leave on conditioner. There are different brands available so just choose one that will properly moisturize your hair without making it too sticky.
- Oil Scalp Spray – You need to use this to maintain your crochet braids. You only do not have to worry about the Marley hair, you also have to worry about your natural hair. Placing healthy oil on your scalp will keep your hair properly moisturized.
The Pros and Cons of Having Crochet Braids with Marley Hair
There is a big possibility that you are contemplating whether you are going to proceed with Marley hair or not based on the process that you have to do to put it in. Here are some pros that may convince you:
- This is not a time consuming hairstyle. If you maintain it properly, you do not need to worry about the state of your hair for at least a month.
- This looks similar to your own hair but it is more manageable. It will also manage to improve your appearance greatly.
- You can control the amount that you are going to spend on crochet braids with Marley hair. The type of hair strands that you are going to use will vary. Some are more expensive than others and it will always be your choice which one you are going to use on your hair.
- Your hair will be protected so you do not have to worry about the state and the condition of your hair when you remove the crochet braids. Just one note to remember, the cornrows should not be too tight so that it will still be comfortable on your hair.
Now that you know the pros, you have to get to know the cons of using this type of hairstyle:
- While you may use a bobby pin in order to do crochet braids with Marley hair, it can take a long period of time before you can get it right. It might not be too advisable for you in the long run.
- There is a need for you to apply them correctly because if you do not, there is a tendency that they will sag and some knots will be seen. It can be bad to look at.
- Remember that your hair may become too thick in the beginning. If you would not make some adjustments, you will be stuck with hair that is too thick that your point of having this type of hairstyle will not make any difference.
Now that you know the pros and cons, remember that choosing the right Marley hair can make a lot of difference with how your hair looks.
Some Styles with Marley Hair Crochet
Perhaps you have decided that you are going to push through with it, so you want to know the various hairstyles you are going to do to make your hair look amazing. Here are some of the styles that you can check out:
- Big and Wild
Perhaps you want to have a ferocious looking hairstyle. You do not need to use a lot of packs of hair. You simply need to choose the right brand so that it will look amazing. To achieve this look, you need to properly layer your hair so that it will look amazing at the bottom portion.
- Braid It All Out
Perhaps you would like to have a braided hairstyle that will look amazing for a certain period of time. While it can be a bit hard to braid your hair especially if you do not know what to do, remember that you can dip your hair in hot water first before you start braiding. Once you do this, you will have a great looking braided hairstyle.
Perhaps you are tired of having curly hair and you want a straight hairstyle for once. You would have to blow dry the Marley hair and flat iron it but once you are able to achieve the texture that you want, you know that this can last for a long period of time.
Now that you already know a few of the hairstyles that you can do with your Marley hair, remember that doing the crochet braids well will determine how good and how long the hair would last.
More info: Crochet Braids with Kanekalon Hair Guide