Short sides, the long top haircut is a style that guys love or hate. Those who love it will try it with other haircuts, while those who hate it will steer clear of this hairstyle whenever possible. What about you? Do you find this hairstyle appealing?
What is the Short Sides Long Top Haircut?
You can already guess from the name itself what this hairstyle represents. The sides will be kept short, while the top portion of the hair will stay long. How long the top portion is going to be will depend on you.
Short sides long top haircut is popular amongst modern men because they can make them effortlessly look cool. They do not care if they have to spend some time improving their hair’s appearance. What matters is that they will look amazing. This can also be paired with other hairstyles like the slick back to look more polished. This can be paired with the pompadour for an everyday casual look too.
Best for People
This hairstyle best suits men who want to accentuate their solid masculine features. This will fit guys who have strong, angular jaws and high cheekbones. You also have the option to wear this hairstyle no matter what your features are. As long as you are confident with it, then you can choose it.
How to Get Short Sides Long Top Haircut
You may need to grow your hair for a certain period before going to the barber to have your hair styled. Be specific with the type of haircut that you want. Would you like to get a pompadour with this type of haircut? Would you like to have a quiff? Tell the barber what you want, and he will do his best to help you achieve the cut you want.
How to Style Short Sides Long Top Haircut
You would like to wear your hair nicely but do not know how to style your hair correctly. This is the process that you have to follow:
- You need to make sure that your hair is wet. If it is wet from the shower, dry it with your towel but not too dry as it will already be hard to style.
- Choose from your array of hair products. You can use the right hair product to slick back your hair if needed or let the hair fall over your forehead if you want it to look cool.
- Brush your hair.
- Allow your hair to dry.
50 Popular Short Sides Long Top Hairstyles
1. Short Sides With Fringe or Bangs
This year, the men’s fringe or bangs with short sides has emerged as an excellent haircut. If your hair is long enough, you can leave it to fall over your forehead. You can also texture the top of your hair to get a french crop or combine the fringe with faded sides.
Short sides with fringe hairstyles work with wavy, straight, or curly hair. You can style this haircut from curly bangs, voluminous to the thick, straight fringe.
This hairstyle can highlight facial features such as a strong chin line and cheekbones. It is suitable for slim men with big foreheads. This fringe haircut can help shorten your face length.
2. Short Sides with Taper Pompadour
Pompadour is one of the best short sides, long top hairstyles for men in recent years. This cool taper pompadour hairstyle works with all types of hair and lengths. This hairstyle will make you look mature, intelligent, and connotative. But it is not recommended for people whose hairline goes too far back.
This style is a good choice for older gentlemen or young people working in the office. You can style the pompadour fade loose and textured or slick and shiny.
The pompadour taper fade can also be a good choice for men who want short sides without exposing the scalp. You can choose a textured, thick, or modern pomp on top combined with a short side and beard. This style will make you look rough.
3. Drop Fade with Spiky Quiff
If you want to switch your formal haircut and try something funky and classy, you should try this hairstyle. This spiky quiff hairstyle can make you look neat and polished.
This incredible and spiky comb-out haircut will make you look handsome and avant-garde. It can work with straight hair or a curly top. The drop fade works for all guys, including Black, White, Hispanic, and Asian men.
You need a small amount of trusty hair styling products to complete this style. First, apply the product to your hair. Then run your fingertips through the hair from back to front to make a more textured look.
4. Side Parted with Medium Length Top
These shorter sides with medium-length top haircuts will make you look professional.
5. Short Slicked Pompadour with Hard Part
A contrasting hairstyle with tight corners and cool pomp.
6. Short Sides with Curly Side Parted
This hairstyle looks great for those having curly hair, a prominent jawline, and cheekbones.
7. Long Hair on Top with Shorter Sides
This is a modern short side with long top hairstyles for men. It has a gorgeous and stylish style.
8. Slicked Back Short Sides with Long Top
The hairstyle is a vintage short-side long top haircut with short sides and tops gradually becoming heavier.
9. Long Top Straight with Short Sides
This medium-length hair can be naturally straight or straightened using a flat iron.
10. Curly Faux Hawk with Low Fade
This haircut provides a handsome contrast that will make you look stylish.
11. Casual with Side Swept Part Hairstyle
12. Flat Pomp with Short Side Part
13. Short Sides with Brushed Up
14. Short Sides with long Military-inspired Haircuts
15. Short Sides with Spiked Up Long Top
16. Professional Short Sides with Brushed Back Hair
17. Shaved Sides with Top Buns
18. Messy Side Part with Long Top Hairstyles
19. Short Sides + High Top Haircuts
20. Textured Crop with Wavy Fringe
21. Mid Skin Fade with Thick Comb Over
22. Disconnected Undercut with Slicked Back Hairstyle
23. High Temp Fade with Pompadour Hairstyle
24. Low Taper Fade with Spiky Hair
25. Disconnected Sides with thick top
26. Short Sides + Long Textured Top with Beard
27. Short Sides + Long Top Curly Hair
28. Spiky Short Sides Long Top + Design
29. Long Top + Short Shaved Sides + Beard
30. Messy Short Sides Long Top Haircut
31. Temp Fade + Short Sides + Long Top
32. Short Sides Long Top with Blonde Hair
33. Cool Short on Sides Long on Top Haircut
34. Messy Short Sides + Long Top Haircut with Beard
35. Loose Long Top and Tossed to One Side + Short Sides
36. Shaved Short Sides + Long Top + Beard
37. Flap top + Short sides + Design
38. Short Sides + Long Top + Long Beard
39. High and Tight
40. Short Sides With Twists
41. Spiky Low Fade Hairstyle
42. Afro Fade For Men
43. Medium Wavy on Top + Mid Fade